Washington Northern Logo

Washington Northern Logo

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Food Processing Plant

Well today I had a little bit of time in the evening to work on the layout. I put together the rest of the warehouse kits and put them in a series. I decided on three instead of four. I feel it is a little more appealing. I also was able to finish the silos and the pump house building for the plant. I will need to work on the stairs, ladders and other smaller details to finish that up.

As for the spare section of the warehouse. I'm going to tape it off and repaint it a different color and use it as another small warehouse that will receive a boxcar.

As for the main warehouse. I need to add the roof caps and the details around the doors. After that I will add some downspouts to hide the seems. Once everything is on, I will spray it down with clear coat and add the door numbers and other industrial decals. After that some roof details will be added and some light weathering will be added.




I then started working on the unloading rack for the tank cars. I am still debating whether to build a smaller building for that liquid items or just put some tanks on the other side of the pump house structure. This kit is a bit challenging with the small parts but I figure once everything is together, its detailed and weathered, it'll look awesome.



Other than that, the progress is moving along nicely. Stay tuned for some more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment