Washington Northern Logo

Washington Northern Logo

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Sunday Funday

Today I took some time to work on some of the structures for the layout.

First up was the bakery/food processing plant. I put on the painted sections for the warehouse portion and glued them in place. I need to prime and paint the masonry that goes at the bottom.





 I then installed the base for the silos and the building next to them. Once the glue dries, I will install the tops of the silos and then add the detail parts (rails, ladders etc.)



Some other plans I have for the plant and some unloading rack/area for the vegetable oil, corn syrup and liquid sugar. And a place for grain and flour unloading. This will be a nice build and I will be kitbashing and scratch building some of the structures. Can't wait to detail and weather them. I need to purchase some industrial tanks and the food processing plant should be good to go.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Looks good!. Will you use the warehouse wall as flat building?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my plan. That track will be for the box cars. I will have another track that will take covered hoppers with grain and other items, and tank cars with liquid sugar, corn syrup and vegetable oil. Since the silos and the building associated with it sits out further.

      Delete