Washington Northern Logo

Washington Northern Logo

Sunday, August 9, 2015

New Power! New Project

I wanted to take a moment to to show a picture of a new project.

I purchased a used MP15 from Geno Sharp. Got a great deal on this Athearn Genesis MP 15 w/ DCC and sound. What the selling point for me was the working beacon on the roof (I'm a big fan of them!)


MP15 in the old Alabama Central Scheme. Unit was one of the SOO "Bandits"



First I had to strip the paint off. That was done with 91% rubbing alcohol. Here is the end result.

Tonight I plan on shooting it with a coat of primer, and hopefully have the BN Green on by tomorrow evening!

Stay tuned for more on this project and other upcoming things on the layout!

4 comments:

  1. Very cool! Can't wait to see the finished unit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. Just need to put some final touches on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure it´ll look great. Whan primer will you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used Rustoelum light gray primer that you can find at Lowes or Home Depot

      Delete