Washington Northern Logo

Washington Northern Logo

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Reference Photos Part 2

I wanted this blog not only to include my construction of my layout, but I wanted to include some photos to help modelers build industries on their layouts.

Below are some photos that I took at a rail served industry. The company makes wood trusses that are shipped out by truck. They receive center-beam flats of lumber via the Norfolk Southern Local that services the area from the Reading Yard.





 
Loading/unloading dock area. This could be achieved using the Pikestuff Kit.

 
Team track area w/ cement pad.

 
The small grade crossing is made of wood. To replicate this you could use the Woodland Scenics kit or I think Blair Line makes a laser kit you could install and stain.

 
Picture of the switch with the derail.

 
This is a picture of the area used to fill trailers with woodchips/saw dust from the manufacturing process. This has a spot for 2 trailers.

 
Shot of the sawdust/woodchip bin.

1 comment:

  1. Great looking industry. Definitely not in the Walthers Catalog but neat and easy build. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete